Guidelines For Continuing OAV Registratio/Certification
The Filipino Community in the Czech Republic
Please be informed that the system of continuing registration/certification of qualified Filipino Overseas Absentee Voters (OAVs) for purposes of the May 10, 2010 national elections (presidential, senatorial and party list elections) and subsequent national elections thereafter will begin on 01 December 2008 and will end on 31 August 2009.
Philippine Embassy, Prague, Czech Republic
GUIDELINES FOR CONTINUING OAV REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION
Where to register?
The applicant shall personally appear before the representative of the Commission on Elections at the Philippine Embassy in Prague with address at Senovazne, namesti 8, 110 00 Prague 1. In case of a seafarer, he may file his application personally at any Post or at the designated registration centers in the Philippines. When to register All applications shall be filed from 01 December 2008 to 31 August 2009 from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday except during officially designated holidays of the Philippines and the Czech Republic.
Who may register?
All citizens of the Philippines who intend to vote abroad, at least eighteen years of age on the day of the elections and not otherwise disqualified by law may register. The following shall be disqualified from registering:
- Those who have lost their Filipino citizenship in accordance with Philippine laws,
- Those who have expressly renounced their Philippine citizenship and who have pledged allegiance to a foreign country; except dual citizens as referred to under Republic Act No. 9225, otherwise known as the "Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003".
- Those who have committed and are convicted in a final judgment by a court or tribunal of an offense punishable by imprisonment of not less than one (1) year, including those who have committed and been found guilty of Disloyalty as defined under Article 137 of the Revised Penal Code, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon and amnesty; Provided, however, That any person disqualified to register under this subsection shall automatically acquire the right to register upon expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence; and provided, further, That the Commission may take cognizance of final judgments issued by foreign courts or tribunals only on the basis of reciprocity and subject to the formalities and processes prescribed by the Rules of Court on execution of judgments;
- Any citizen of the Philippines abroad previously declared insane or incompetent by competent authority in the Philippines or abroad, as verified by the Philippine embassies, consulates or foreign service establishments concerned, unless such competent authority subsequently certifies that such person is no longer insane or incompetent; and,
- An immigrant or a permanent resident who is recognized as such in the host country, unless he executes upon filing of an application for registration as overseas absentee voter, an affidavit declaring that:
- He shall resume actual physical permanent residence in the Philippines pursuant to Section 5 of R.A. 9189; and,
- He has not applied for citizenship in another country.
Back to all press releases